Friday, January 13, 2006

I've Arrived!

Well I have finally arrived among the hip crowd. . .I have my own blog! I know, it really is not that big of a deal, but somehow I hope that it can be used to bring glory to the name of Christ. Some may be wondering about the name: Taco Assassin. It is not original. . .unfortunately. It originated here in Celaya just around the corner with a small taco restaurant that serves tacos made in a style derived from Mexico City. What I like about them is that they are different, original for these parts, and inexpensive. That pretty much sums up who I want to be as I share Christ with people. I want to be different, because the religion that they know here has not impacted their lives. I want to be original because the same old approaches to things have not worked thus far in reaching our city for Christ. I want to be inexpensive? Yes, inexpensive in that I do not take advantage of the people to build large, ornate buildings while some live in cardboard shacks. While our grace is not cheap (it cost Jesus a great deal of sacrifice), it is free for any person who will receive Christ as Savior.

No comments: