Saturday, July 28, 2007

Guard your heart!!


I am amazed as I look around at my brothers who have served in ministry and realize how many great men have fallen in the past few years. Mighty men of God that I respected. Men that I listened to preach in my formative years who have succumbed to the bowl of beans that the world offers. All I have done is pray for grace to clothe me. If these great men have fallen what lies ahead for me? I am no superman. It is almost like the gladiators who awaited their turn at a match to watch lifeless bodies being dragged back out of the arena that were alive just a few minutes ago. Only the lion that I face is more dangerous than anything ever faced in an arena. My foe is often invisible and presents his attacks in various ways that strike in the most unexpected times and ways. I know that I am not without recourse, but I know how the mighty have fallen.
I must continually resolve to guard my heart. Be the man that I need to be. Spend time with my Savior and my family. Invest in the lives of some godly men who hold me accountable. Abide in Christ through my daily actions and decisions.

I have a friend who posts questions on his blog for people to respond to.
How many people do you know from seminary and/or a previous ministry start (ie. missionaries who were trained and left for the field) that are still serving?
I look around and am awestruck by those who have fallen out of the race. Many in ministry and even more in missions. Are we teaching disciples who are weak and malnourished on the Word of God because in reality we are the same? Have we accepted a form of Western faith that lacks substance and thus makes us even more vulnerable to the onslaughts of the evil one?
Food for thought. Don't choke!
Have a nice day!

No comments: